Red, White, and Blue Potato Salad
About Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
Getting in the mood for the holiday I thought I would share my recipes for this classic 4th of July dish. It makes the perfect side dish for any 4th of July party, cookout, or picnic. I like my a bit on the spicy side but if you do not, feel free to leave out the mustard . Even though this dish is normally side just for 4th of July. I love it so much I sever it all year around. Not only dose it look grate on a plate but it taste so good. It is a prefect dish to take to a BBQ or on a picnic, and kids always get a kick out of the bright colors.
Red, White and Blue Potato Salad
What You Need
- 3 Lbs 2 pounds small new potatoes, red, white, yellow, and blue, cut into chunk skin left on
- 1/4 c sweet onion, chopped fine
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 clove garlic, smashed to a paste
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp whole-grain mustard, leave out if you don't want any heat
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/4 c mayo
- 1/4 c white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 c crumbled blue cheese, optional
How You Do It
- Wash a cut potatoes
- In pot boil potatoes in salty water until they are just fork tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- in bowl whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, sour cream, mayo, herbs, seeds and blue cheese (if using) together until smooth.
- chop the potatoes, onion and eggs into bite-size pieces and add to bowl with the dressing
- toss to coat careful not make mash potatoes. let chill untill ready to sever.
Other Easy Red, White, and Blue Recipes
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Green Beans with Bacon
Green Beans with Bacon is a easy side dish that is full of flavor that everyone will love, even picky eaters.
- Fresh Pineapple Chicken
Chicken made with fresh pineapple, ginger and orange. A family favorite. With a recipe for steamed rice.
- Roasted Chili-Lime Chicken
This is amazing sweet and somewhat spicy chicken recipes that will knock the socks off you family. It is a nice change from plane roasted chicken and will become a family favorite for summer.
- Spicy And Sweet Mango Fajitas
A sweet twist to a old classic