- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
Review - NBC Sunday Night Football Cookbook
Want some great dinner ideas that you and your family can enjoy while watching the big game "Football Night in America"? That's what the NBC Sunday Night Football Cookbook is all about. You won't find the usual recipes for chips and dips outlined in this book. Instead, you'll find delightful recipes just as suitable for top restaurants as for your dining room.
The book is packed with 150 recipes from current and former NFL players, as well as many of the top professional chefs from NFL cities throughout the United States. You'll also find recipes from NBC's football team, including John Madden, Faith Hill, Jerome Bettis, Tiki Barber, and many others.
Recipes in the book range from hearty main dishes to sandwiches, sides, veggies, and desserts.
Examples of Recipes from Professional Chefs
- Braised Short Rib Meatballs with Tomato and Wild Mushroom Sauce from Stephen Lewandowski with Tribeca Grill in New York City
- Buffalo's Famous Beef on Wreck from Frank DiVincenzo with Billy Ogden's in Buffalo, NY
- Creole Boiled Shrimp with Dipping Sauce from Neal Swidler with Emeril's Delmonico in New Orleans
- Pecan Pie with Brownie Crust and Vanilla Sauce from Kirk Parks with Rathbun's in Atlanta
- Philly Cheez Steak Sandwich from Jack McDavid, with Jack's Firehouse in Philadelphia
- Seared Salmon with Jalapeno Dressing from Shin Tsujimura with Nobu in New York City
Examples of Recipes from NFL Players
- Chicken Casserole from Jason Campbell, quarterback for the Washington Redskins
- Garlicky Baked Chicken Breast, from Desmond Clark, tight end for the Chicago Bears
- Lemon and Cracked Pepper Chicken from Patrick Willis with the San Francisco 49ers
- Lobster and Onion Pizza from Andre Tippet, retired Patriots linebacker and Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee
- Mother-in-Law's Power Chili from Brady Poppinga, Green Bay Packers linebacker
- Shrimp Creole from Fred Taylor, running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars
For a Good Cause
When you add the NBC Sunday Night Football Cookbook to your cookbook collection or if you give a copy of it to a friend or relative as a gift, you'll be contributing toward helping wipe out hunger in America. Proceeds from the sale of the book will be used to support nonprofit food bank organizations throughout the U.S., via Feeding America. The organization is America's largest domestic organization dedicated to hunger relief, helping feed 25 million hungry people in the country by securing and distribute more than 2 billion pounds of donated food and groceries through a network of 200 food banks.