Salmon with Orange Glaze Recipe
Orange Glazed Salmon
Makes 3 – 5 Servings
- 12oz salmon fillet (without skin)
- 1 tsp (5ml) orange zest
- 1 Whole (131g) fresh orange (juiced)
- 1tsp (5ml) Honey
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Wash and dry orange before zesting ( Remember zesting is using the outer layer)
2. Use a medium fine grater to grate the orange until only the white pith remains ontop the fruit. Be careful not to use the white pith, because it causes it to taste more bitter
3. Cut orange in half and squeeze out all the juices
4. Mix the orange juice, honey, salt, pepper, and orange zest together to make marinade. This is for the salmon
5. Pour marinade on top the salmon and let marinate for ~15mins
6. Remove Salmon from marinade. Save Marinade to make the glaze later on
7. Brush salmon with olive oil before placing it on heated grill.
8. Cook until meat is opaque and turn the salmon over only ONCE during cooking. It may take approximately 7-10 minutes altogether, depending on thickness of salmon.
I’m not one for sharing recipes or caring about recipes. I had this one over the weekend while camping with family and it was amazing. So I had to ask where they got the recipe from and they said they wrote it down many years ago and don't know where they got it from. So I re-wrote it and Hub it :)
Hope you enjoy!
- Beans and Pasta Recipe
Pretty good recipe that is high in iron and Vitamin C