Beans and Pasta Recipe
A recipe I found that is high in iron and Vitamin C and after trying it, I found it was pretty good. You can also read my other article where I talked about the importance of iron and various sources on where to get it. The article also goes into the impact on your overall health and blood when low in iron. So here is a simple and easy way to get a bit more iron into you with out eating meat.
- 400ml Kidney Beans
- 1 cup Macaroni
- 1 can Tomatoes
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 Tsp oregano & Parsley
- 1/4 Garlic Powder
1. Place Macaroni in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain and let sit aside.
2. Combine Tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion, oregano, parsley and garlic powder in a large sauce pot. Cook at a medium to high heat until mixture begins to boil.
3. Turn heat to low, cover and let simmer until all the vegetables are crisp-tender. Approximately 20mins
4. Add cooked macaroni and kidney beans to tomato mixture. Add salt and pepper for taste.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes longer.
I found this recipe to be pretty good. Not the best that I’ve had but was still good. I also noticed that my serving size produced was not the same as it was suggested in the book. I would definitely say use this as a side dish to something else. Perhaps a garden salad and baked chicken? Either way, give it a try and live a little.
For more nutritional tips or exercise methods, read my other articles.