Easy and Delicous Meatball and Tomato Sandwich
This is an extremely easy recipe that everyone is sure to enjoy. Hearty and simple meatballs with a robust tomato sauce makes for a great lunch or no fuss dinner. Seasoning can be altered to taste.
- 1 lb ground meat, (any kind)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1tsp/1Tbs oregano, (meat/sauce)
- 1 tsp paprika, (meat)
- 1/2 tsp/ 1/2 Tbs garlic salt, (meat/sauce)
- 1/2 Tbs basil, (sauce)
- 1/2 tsp sage, (sauce)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, (meat)
- 2-4 Hoagies
- 1/2 Cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup mozarella cheese, grated
- Thoroughly mix ground meat, paprika, pepper, oregano,and garlic in a bowl.
- Roll meat into small balls.
- Pan-fry meatballs on medium heat. Set aside to serve.
- Add canned tomatoes to a warm pan and mash slightly. Add onions, basil, garlic, sage, and oregano. Mix over heat until you have a chunky paste.
- Place meatballs in hoagies and scoop tomato sauce liberally on top.
- Saute mushrooms in a small pan with butter or butter substitute.
- Place meatballs in hoagies and scoop tomato sauce liberally on top. Place mushrooms and sprinkle cheese while hot so it melts.
More quick and easy recipe ideas
Taste of Home publishes a great cooking magazine with recipes from home cooks all over the nation. Here are some quick and easy recipes curated by Taste of Home.