- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Shirataki Miracle Noodles with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Shirataki with Fresh Tomato Sauce
Why Miracle Noodles?
So I think by now if you are a regular reader of mine you know I'm Italian. I'm Italian and attempting to lose weight, which is the worst combination ever! As of today I am down 35.3 lbs so I will say its possible but it takes some work!
I've been looking into different receipe swaps and this is by far my favorite. Even whole wheat pasta is high in carbs and has a bit of a strange consistancey. The process for cooking them is pretty simple. They come packed in liquid so they need to be drained and rinsed really well. I've used them in a bunch of different receipes so far and they are very versitile.
The same company makes rice, a speghetti version and fettuchini. I've used the regular fettuchini as well as the garlic flavored version. Both were great! Here is a simple receipe for anyone to give a try!
- 3 Tomatoes, Chopped
- 2 TBSP Oilve Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1/4 CUP Onion, Chopped
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
- To Prep your miracle noodles drain and rinse in cold water. Once rinsed and packed smell is gone, dry with paper towels to get remaining moisture out of noodles.
- Next saute garlic and onions in olive oil until translucent. Add Tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, add remaining ingredients and heat until peas are warm.
- Saute noodles in a small amount of olive oil for about 2 minutes stiring regularly, top with sauce and serve!