Simple Recipe for Char-Grilled Vegetable salad
You will need:
· 1 large aubergine, sliced.
· I yellow pepper.
· 1 red pepper.
· 4 courgettes (baby marrows) sliced lengthways.
· 65ml olive oil.
· 1 green pepper.
For the dressing you will require:
· 2 garlic cloves that are crashed.
· Juice from 1 lemon.
· As half chili, chopped.
· Freshly ground black pepper.
· 15ml basil that is chopped.
Steps to follow.
1. Cut the yellow pepper, green pepper and red pepper into chunks in separate bowls.
2. Heat a griddle or a frying pan to very hot and sprinkle olive oil in it.
3. Place the aubergine and courgette slices in the pan and cook over a medium heat to a high heat till they become soft. Transfer this to a serving bowl.
4. Cook the peppers for 3 minutes on each side till they start to smell sweet and their skins blister. Put them in the serving bowl and put it aside to cool.
5. Mix all the dressing ingredients in one bowl together. On a flat dish, place the vegetables and pour the dressing on top. Mix briefly to avoid breaking up the aubergines and leave to marinate for at least 25 minutes.
6. Serve at room temperature.
(Serves four people)