- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Simple and Delicious Crab Dip Recipe
One of the most popular party dip recipes is crab dip. There are many different ways to make crab dip, some of which are very easy and some of which tend to be a little more complicated. This is a simple and delicious crab dip recipe that is sure to be a hit at your next party or family get together.
Easy Crab Dip Recipe
- 12 ounces of crab meat (fresh or canned) - don't use claw meat
- 3/4 of a cup of finely diced onion (red, white, or yellow)
- 2 ribs of finely chopped celery
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 5-6 drops of Tabasco sauce (to taste)
Melt butter in a skillet over low heat. Sauté onion and celery in melted butter until the onion becomes translucent. Mix in flour, then add cream of mushroom soup, stirring well. Drain crab meat, and make sure there are no shells or cartilage in it. Add crabmeat to the mixture, followed by parsley, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and Tabasco. Simmer for approximately ten minutes. Transfer to a chafing dish or dip bowl prior to serving. Serve warm.
This warm crab dip tastes best served with hearty dippers. It's delicious served with whole grain crackers, baked pita chips, fresh vegetables, or squares of freshly baked beer bread. It also tastes great with corn chips, tortilla chips, and other types of snack crackers.
If you have an electric or sterno fondue pot, you can use it instead of a skillet for preparing and serving the dip.
- This dip is tasty with shrimp or crawfish meat instead of crab. Alternately, you can use a combination of different types of seafood to create a seafood medley dip.
- If you prefer a crab dip that is more spicy than this one, try stirring in a little cayenne pepper when the mixture is simmering, for a super Cajun crab dip recipe.