Simply Salmon Recipe Ratings
Fresh BBQ Salmon
I am a huge lover of Seafood however I seem to always struggle for good at home recipes. Some are too time consuming others are not timed right. Generally speaking Seafood of all kinds cook much quicker then your typical chicken, pork and beef dishes. If the timing is off in the recipe you end up with a dry overcooked piece of fish.
I stumbled upon this little invention playing around with my Dad in the kitchen. Ironically enough my typical Italian family has the man of the house as the cook. He taught me a lot about using what you have on hand in the kitchen. It's a rarity that the man ventures off to the grocery store to buy a list of ingredients to follow a recipe. He spends his time grabbing the essentials every week and then working towards inventing something new and truly delicious. Luckily as a child I got to spend time witnessing these modern cooking miracles which allows me now as an adult the creativity in the kitchen that helps me serve my husband some yummy delights!
This is a simple scrumptious recipe that is perfect for a quick family night meal.
I prefer my Salmon well done so it's up to you if you would like to adjust your cooking time. The best part of this recipe is you can decide the sizes of your fillets and adjust accordingly. This Salmon is best served over white rice and with a nice crunchy vegetable for a side dish. Many time I use a steamed asparagus or broccoli and it seems to work out great!
Sweet and Tangy Sauce
- 4 Fillet of Salmon, Cleaned and Skinned
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 1 TSP Salt
- Non-Stick Spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with a even coating of non-stick spray. For easy clean up I line mine first with aluminum foil!
- Lay each of the 4 Salmon fillets on the baking sheet. Cover evenly with salt. Cook in the oven on 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Mix together honey and BBQ sauce. I normally use whatever I have on hand so your favorite BBQ sauce for chicken is just as good for Salmon.
- Once your timer goes off remove salmon from the oven and cover each piece with equal parts of your BBQ mixture. Cover liberally as it works best with a nice thick coating.
- Return salmon to oven and cook for a additional 5 minutes. Remove and Serve.