- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Smoked Paprika Chicken
About Smoked Paprika Chicken
I love smoked paprika, and lately I have became obsessed with it. I'm always looking for a new recipe to try with smoked paprika. Well a while ago a local grocery store came out with a recipe for smoked paprika roasted chicken that I feel in love with. It became a go to recipe for me when I was to busy or just could not think of something to cook, but like all of my favorite recipes I have to change it up or as my husband calls it Brenda it up. It has since become a family favorite in my home, as well as my youngest sons birthday dinner pick. Like with all my recipes there is a ton of ways to make this recipe your own, I want you to play around with it, and let me know what you did below in the comments, and how you liked it. Any other comments or questions are also always welcomed.
What Is Smoked Paprika
Paprika is used in rubs, marinades, stews, chili, and as a garnish ( a lot of people like to top the deviled eggs with it). Depending on the variety of pepper and how it is dried, will determine the color from bright red to brown and the flavor from mild to spicy. All Paprika is made from sweet, or hot peppers that have been dried and ground to a fine powder, but unlike other paprika smoked paprika is dried over wood fires giving it the smoky taste.
For this recipe I like a sweet Smoked Spanish Paprika that has a nice earthy taste made from sweet Spanish peppers. When go to buy your paprika for this recipe you should smell it, as not all paprika are the same you should smell a nice earthy smell along with a dip smoky smell. If you can not smell the smoke then try a deferent brand.
Do You Cook With Smoked Paprika
Smoked Paprika Chicken
- 3 tsp lemon, juice
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, Opt for heat
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c chicken stock
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed and dryed
- Preheat oven to 375
- in bowl mix lemon, garlic,cayenne, honey, paprika, oil, and salt and pepper
- rub the lemon mix over the whole chicken
- add vegetables left to bottom of a roasting pan
- Place chicken on vegetables, add stock to the pan
- bake for 1 hour, cover with foil if the chicken is getting to dark. baste the chicken with the stock at the bottom of the pan after the first 30 minutes.
Grilled Tilapia with Smoked Paprika and Parmesan Polenta Recipe
Smoked Paprika Chicken Stroganoff - Gordon Ramsay
This the Smoked Paprika I use for this and many other recipes. I love it, The other brands I list here are good, but this is the one I recommend.
My Other Recipes You Might Like
- Roasted Chili-Lime Chicken
This is amazing sweet and somewhat spicy chicken recipes that will knock the socks off you family. It is a nice change from plane roasted chicken and will become a family favorite for summer.
- Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
A quick and easy chicken recipe that is sweet, and tender. That the family and friends will lover
- Fresh Pineapple Chicken Recipe
Chicken made with fresh pineapple, ginger and orange. A family favorite. With a recipe for steamed rice.
- Spicy And Sweet Mango Fajitas
A sweet twist to a old classic
- What The Fork Are You Cooking: Chicken Potato Bake