- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Snake Gourd in Chilli Style Recipe : Padavalanga in Chilli style
Rate my recipe
Medicinal value of Snake gourd
- Snake gourd is very much useful while treating diabetic patients; it helps in reducing weight and also to nourish the body.
- Snake gourd is an excellent anti-inflammatory, which can remove pus, phlegm and other toxic matters from the body.
- Snake gourd act as a natural antibiotic.
- Snake gourd does stimulate the production of body fluids and reduces dryness.
- Snake gourd helps in reducing bilious fever.
- Jaundice is cured better, by the intake of snake gourd.
- Snake gourd is full of fiber and hence relieves from constipation too
Let me share a new recipe using snake gourd. Snake gourd is otherwise known as padavalanga in Malayalam. This is an experimented dish made out of snake gourd, the recipe seen in a magazine, my version. This tastes like chilli gobi and chilli chicken. Even those people who don't like padavalanga thoran and other recipes in which padavalanga /snake gourd is directly available to taste, will like this dish for sure.
Snake gourd is sometimes known as serpent gourd or chichinga or padwal. Snake gourd is a narrow soft skinned vegetable climber, which may reach up to 150cm in length and 8 cm in breath. According to Ayurveda, snake gourd is good for the “vitiated pitta”, constipation, diabetes, skin diseases, worm infestation, general weakness etc.
Commonly Made dishes using snake gourd in kerala
Snake gourd is one of the popularly used vegetable in the cuisines in south India. In Kerala, we mostly use the snake gourd for making –
- Aviyal – a gravy based dish, having other vegetables, along with grated coconut.
- Padavalanga thoran, a dish in which snake gourd is sliced in small pieces and used along with grated coconut and green chilies
- Padavalanga theeyal, a dish in which grated coconut is fried and grinded to serve an entirely different taste.
Padavalanga in chilli chicken style : Recipe
Chilli Snake Gourd Recipe Time
Snake gourd Recipe
Snake gourd : Recipe
Ingredient for chilli snake gourd recipe
- One Big Snake Gourd, Cleaned and Sliced in Round pieces
- 2 Big Onions, Sliced
- 6 Green Chillies, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Maida or All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt, or for taste
- As needed Water
- 2 tablespoon Oil, as needed ( I use coconut oil)
- 1.5 teaspoon Pepper Powder
- 2 teaspoon Soya souce
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- .5 teaspoon mustard seeds
- One pinch Curry leaves
instructions for chilli snake gourd recipe
- Clean and Slice the snake gourd into round shapes
- Mix Maida, cornflour, salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder along with some water to make thick paste.
- Dip the snake gourd into the paste and fry it in coconut oil
- Keep aside the fried snake gourd
- Now head the oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and curry leaves
- Once the same is spluttered, add sliced onion and smash till the same turns light brown
- once the onions are done , add pepper powder, soya souce and sugar..
- then later add the fried snake gourd and mix it well so that sauce is there in every piece of snake gourd.
- Off the flame and use it hot
- Goes well with rice, chappati, paratha etc just as chicken chilli and chilli gobi is used.
- Happy cooking !!! do try it out & let me know your opinion.
Snake gourd : Recipe
Snake gourd : Recipe
Another recipe using snake gourd
Other Curry Recipes of mine
- Nadan Kerala Style Spicy Prawn roast : from my mothe...
Prawn Roast of Chemmen Roast Recipe is the simple kerala style recipe. It is easier enough and simple receipe for preparing Prawn. There is step by step pictures too included to describe the procedures, correctly and to be in order. The prawn recipe
- How to make Kerala style Lemon Pickle ( Naranga Acha...
Lemon Pickle is one of the most favorite pickles of south India. Lemon Pickle is easy to make and can be kept for years. Lemon pickle is at its best, as it becomes old. Pickling is an ancient food- preservation technique. In Kerala, we name it as “Na