- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
So Simple It's Sinful Caramel Apple Topping (for cheesecake or ice cream)
Caramel Apple Topping
A Fall Favorite
Caramel apples appear to have originated around the 1950s. Their creation is attributed to a man by the name of Dan Walker who worked as a Kraft's food representative. When you buy Kraft caramel squares today, his recipe is still printed on the back of the bag. This popular treat is a fall favorite because apples are a delicious autumn delight. These caramel apples have become a staple food item at carnivals and fairs. Almost everyone can remember back to childhood and taste the delicious blend of tart fall apples and sweet creamy caramel. If you haven't eaten one in a while, this recipe will serve up a little nostalgia and give you a way to enjoy the pairing of apples and caramel in a tooth friendlier way.
- 1 12 oz jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 20 oz can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Pour the can of apples into a medium saucepan.
- Pour in the jar of caramel. Stir well.
- Heat over medium low until all bubbly. Add pecans if desired. Could also add a little spice by add 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Serve over cheesecake or ice cream. Delicious!!!