Sparkling Strawberry Punch (A New Twist on an Old Favorite)
This recipe was originally found in the Good Illustrated Housekeeping Cookbook c. 1980. I have added and changed the recipe around for a more modern feel. Every time I bring this punch to a party (whether I use the wine or not) it is gone so fast that I'm writing out the recipe for the rest of the night. Enjoy! And don't be afraid to tell me about your own changes and twists!
- 20 oz Package of Frozen Sweetened Strawberries, Slightly Thawed
- 6 oz Frozen Lemonade Concentrate (I use pink lemonade), Slightly Thawed
- 4/5 quart bottle Rose Wine (Optional), Chilled
- 30 oz (two bottles) Ginger Ale, Chilled
- 28 oz bottle Club Soda, Chilled
- 2 trays Ice Cubes
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Orange, Sliced for Garnish
- 3-4 drops Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 package Any Fruit Flavored Jello (I use Strawberry or Raspberry)
- In a covered blender container at high speed, blend strawberries and undiluted lemonade concentrate until they are thoroughly blended. (If your blender isn't that big, you may have to split ingredients. I have to do this with my blender and it comes out the same.=])
- Pour strawberry mixture into a chilled large punch bowl.
- Add wine and remaining ingredients except orange slices; Stir punch until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Garnish with orange slices and serve immediately.
More from MrsBKay
Amazon Items You Might Enjoy
Your feedback on this Hub is very important to me! Please feel free to share your thoughts about content, ads, and whether or not you tried the recipe. You can also share any variations or tips you have. Thanks and enjoy!