Spicy Misal Recipe, Moong Dal seasoned with natural spices, Healthy Vegan Recipe with Green Gram
Misal is a Maharashtrian dish that is made from Green gram, commonly known as moong bean. The spice blend in the dish is what makes it splendidly delicious and enjoyable to eat.
Hope you like the Recipe !!
- 1 cup Moong (Green Gram)
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tomato, Chopped
- One cup Coconut, Shreded
- Few Garlic, Minced
- Some Ginger, Minced
- Two Spoon Coriander Seeds, Grounded
- Two Spoon Kashmiri Mirch, (Kashmiri red chilli powder)
- quarter spoon Turmeric
- One spoon Salt
- Some Cumin seeds
- 4 tablespoon Oil, Vegetable or Canola
- One Spoon Corainder and cumin powder
- You can also follow the instructions with Images captioned below.
- Soak one cup of Moong Dal in water for four hours
- Once Sprouted, boil it in pressure cooker and set it aside
- Take a frying pan add Oil and once hot add in cumin seeds and grounded coriander seeds
- Lightly fry them and add in the minced ginger and garlic
- Once they are fried well, add in Onion and coconut
- Let it fry well, until it turns lightly brownish. Add in tomatoes once done.
- Let it fry well, and add in Kashmiri mirch, coriander+cumin powder and turmeric
- Mix well, and now add in the boiled moong/green gram and stir well
- Add salt and two cups of water, mix well and cover with a lid to boil it on medium heat for 10 minutes (Stir every 2 mins to make sure it's nicely blended)
- After 10 mins, your delicious treat is ready to eat !! You can Garnish with Fresh Coriander leaves if you like before serving !!