- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Mexican Steak Burrito Recipe-A Recipe Burrito Style
Mexican Steak Burrito Recipe-A Recipe, Burrito Style
I lived in Southern California for a few years and absolutely loved the Mexican steak burritos you could buy at the little hole in the wall Mexican restaurants for a couple bucks. One day I paid attention to what they were doing then created a burrito recipe of my own. I call it, A Recipe, Burrito Style. This is one of my favorite meals to cook because it is my own creation and tastes excellent! I am not sure how many calories are in this burrito for anyone looking for a healthy dish. I doubt it is a "low in calories" burrito recipe because I'm not into that, but I would think it would be a lower calorie burrito than you would find at a restaurant.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs of stew beef
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 large tortillas
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- salt and pepper
- Shredded lettuce, cheese, sour cream, taco sauce, etc. to put on burritos
- Chop the stew beef into small bite size cubes and put in skillet. Add garlic powder, chilli powder, some salt and pepper, and lemon juice.
- Dice yellow onion.
- Turn heat on skillet up to around 3/4 of dial.
- Stir meat around to brown. Juices should start flowing from the meat and boiling. When juice is really boiling add the onion and minced garlic. Keep stirring.
- Heat tortillas according to directions.
- When meat has turned dark brown and juices have cooked off, remove from heat.
- Serve meat on tortillas and add whatever dressings you'd like.
This makes about 4 burritos depending on how much meat you start with and how much you put on the burrito. Usually serves 2 but could be more if you have other side dishes and could use smaller tortillas.
Please leave feedback if you try it and let me know what you think.
Great Smelling Soy Candles
- WicketyWax Soy Candles
Shop for hand poured soy candles.
Fewer Calories Burrito Recipe Version
If you would like to have fewer calories in your burrito, there are a few simple changes you can make to this recipe and for a little healthier meal. First, instead of using the higher in calories stew beef, you can use chicken. I would recommend using a little more olive oil since there is less fat in the chicken to cook with. You can also use whole wheat tortillas and skimp on the sour cream. This should cut several calories out of your burrito. Enjoy!
My Other Recipes
- Shepard's Pie Recipe-A Recipe for Ground Beef
I had never tried Shepards Pie until a friend of mine kept raving about it. So, I looked up Shepards Pie Recipes online and found one I thought Id try. I changed it up a little bit to match my...
- Easy Garlic Pork Chops Recipe
The other night I heard something anyone who takes pride in their cooking loves to hear. Wow, that was good! I came up with a simple pork chops recipe that was absolutely delicious and is REALLY...
- Grill Seasoned Potatoes Recipe
I have a recipe for seasoned potatoes that tastes like a culinary masterpiece but is easy to make and goes with whatever meat you're throwing over the coals. Now, I'd like to help you learn how to make roasted potatoes on the grill.
I've also learned that white American cheese is what most Mexican restaraunts use as their cheese. Also, I have considered putting a little bit of cilantro in with the meat when cooking. I haven't tried it yet, but will let you know when I do. I think that will add a little something to it. Thanks for reading about my Recipe, Burrito Style!