A Popular Stir-fried Chicken with Cashew nuts Recipe.
This Sir-fried chicken with cashew nuts (kai phat met mamuang himmapaan) recipe is not complicated so you can easily cook it. It was very enjoyable to make this dish while I learned in the Suan Dusit International Culinary School. My friend and I could make it very tasty and beautifully presented since the first time we did it (and we were very proud of ourselves). I will show you step by step so you can get the same results as us.
This menu is also quite popular in other countries, I think, because of the taste is equally sweet, sour and just a bit spicy . The presentation of this dish is quite wonderful as well. Let's try this dish!
200 grams chicken breast, cut into cobe square about 3/4" x 3/4"
30 grams corn flour
2 tsp chopped garlic
100 grams cashew nut
1/4 cup dried spur chili, cut into 1/2" pieces
1/4 cup spring onion,cut into 1" pieces
1/2 small onion, cut into square about 1"x1"
2 tbsp. red and green spur chilli, sliced
fresh coriander for garnish
1 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1/4 tsp pepper powder
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Place a wok of oil over medium heat then put the dried chilies and fry until fragrant and crunchy. Remove and drain.
2. Put the cashew nuts and fry until golden brown. Turn off the heat.
5. Add fish sauce,sugar,tomato sauce, chilli sauce and pepper powder into a bowl and stir well to dissolve. Set aside.
Cooking Method :
1. Fry the garlic in oil over medium heat until golden and fragrant.
2. Add the onion, red and green spur chili.
3.Add seasoning sauce which already prepared and stir until the sauce thickens.
4.Add chicken, fried cashew nuts and fried dried chilie, stir again.
5.Turn off the heat. Add spring onion and stir a little bit more.
6. Spoon onto a serving dish, garnish coriander before serving.