- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Summer Time Strawberry Salad
A Cool & Delicious Fruity Congealed Salad
It is strawberry time. So this is a great summer time recipe, not only for the abundance of strawberries, but also because it is a cooler food which tends to be more appealing than hotter, heavier foods. It is a delicious combination of strawberries, bananas, and pineapple with nuts, gelatin, sour cream, and whipped topping to create an amazing treat with superb flavor and beautiful presentation.
- 1 quart strawberries, cleaned, capped, & sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 2 large bananas, peeled & mashed
- 1 5oz pack strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 15oz can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 oz whipped topping
- In a medium bowl, combine sliced strawberries with sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of water and let them soak for about 10 minutes.
- Boil 1 cup of water and dissolve strawberry gelatin in it. Add the strawberries, bananas, pineapple, and nuts.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into a 9X13 casserole dish. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until it sets.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and whipped topping. Cover congealed layer of strawberry mixture with the sour cream mixture. Then cover the sour cream mixture with remaining strawberry mixture.
- Return to the refrigerator for up to 8 hours before serving. Make sure top layer is congealed before serving. Delicious, fruity, cool, and creamy!