- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques»
Sweet Banana Muffins
These banana muffins are more like cupcakes. They are soft, sweet and have a nice tacky top. Not dry in the slightest and perfect for a breakfast, snack or dessert.
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Let eggs sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While the eggs are sitting grease and lightly flour a standard size 12 cavity muffin pan or line with paper baking cups. Personally I use baking spray. It's like normal non-stick spray only it has a little flour in it as well.
- Preheat your oven to 350'F.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- To the flour mixture add the banana, milk, butter and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low until combined.
- Add the eggs and beat on medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Each cup should be 2/3-3/4 full.
- Bake in preheated 350'F oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack after 5-10 minutes. Eat warm, cool or cold any time of day ^_^