- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Taro Pudding (Che Khoai Mon) Recipe
Creamy sticky rice and taro topped with milky coconut cream, Che Khoai Mon is well-loved pudding or sweet soups (Che) from Vietnam. A creamy and milky pudding, this delicious dessert is a harmonious combination of sticky rice and taro cooked in coconut milk.
Taro is common staple in Southeast Asia. This tuber is rich in vitamin E, B6, C and manganese, potassium. Besides it is low in fat, high in dietary fiber and the starch is easily digestible.
Here is how to make Vietnamese taro pudding at home. Taro can be consumed as main course or dessert. This tuber which has light purple color, is available for purchase in Asian or Latino supermarket.
What You Need
Serves 4 - 6
1 lbs taro
1/2 cup glutinous rice
2 cups water
1/3 tsp salt
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 pandanus leaves
How to Fix
- Soak glutinous rice in warm water for 3 hours or overnight.
- Peel taro and cut into 1-inch cubes. Boil the taro cubes about 15 minutes. Drain.
- In a saucepan, put water, banana leaves and rice. Bring to a boil over high heat. Then lower the heat to medium, add the taro in . Continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk. Add sugar and salt in. Stir and simmer the pudding about 2 minutes. Removes from the heat
- Serve the pudding in small bowls and top with 2 - 3 tablespoon of coconut sauce ( see the recipe at Che Bap)
- Vietnamese Braised Chicken with Ginger Recipe (Ga Kho Gung)
How to make Vietnamese braised chicken (ga koh gung)
- Low-Fat Vietnamese Braised Fish In Caramel Sauce Recipe (Ca Kho To)
- Quick and Easy Vietnamese Carrot and Daikon Pickle Recipe (Do Chua)
How to make Vietnamese pickle.
- Vietnamese Baked Cassava Cake Recipe (Banh Khoai Mi)
- Vietnamese Asparagus Crab Soup Recipe (Sup Mang Tay Cua). How to Make Asian Asparagus Crab Soup !
A low fat crab soup recipe.
- Vietnamese Spicy Cabbage And Chicken Salad (Goi Bap Cai Ga)