- Food and Cooking
Pineapple Casserole Recipe
Pineapples are a sweet, tropical fruit that are consumed fresh, cooked, juiced, and preserved. The outer skin looks similar to a spiky pine cone but the inside is bright yellow, juicy, and sweet-smelling.
When you are buying a pineapple, you should look for:
- Pineapples that are heavy for their size and free of soft spots, bruises and darkened "eyes."
- A pineapple that smells sweet on the end.
Pineapple is a good source of vitamin C (needed for the growth and repair of tissues in the body). It also contains minerals such as manganese (involved in the regulation of brain and nerve function).
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 cup Sugar, granulated
- 4 Eggs, large
- 5 slices Bread, cubed
- 1 large can Crushed Pineapple, drained
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer. Add eggs one at a time blending well after each addition.
- Add the bread and drained pineapple to the bowl. Stir by hand until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve hot or cold and enjoy!
© 2017 MomsTreasureChest