- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Fish Fancy Sandwich How To
Fish Fancy Sandwich
If you love fish you probably have prepared it many ways. When serving a fish sandwich most people just put it on two slices of any kind of bread. Why not put the fried fish on a croissant?
Everyone would welcome the change. It is appealing to the eye and tastes even better. Learning how to eat your favorite meals prepared different ways is so rewarding. Serving a dish that is old hat a new way is exciting and you won't get bored with the foods that you really enjoy.
Fish Fancy Sandwich
- 1 lb boneless fish for frying
- 4 croissants, sliced sandwich style
- 2 Tbls mayo
- 1-2 tsp sweet relish
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- lemon wedges
- green leaf lettuce (optional)
- Mix your dry ingredients and coat the fish. Your fish needs to be a bit moist but not wet to hold coating. If you don like meal, use just the flour.
- Fry fish in hot oil, (375 degrees) both sides if not deep frying.
- Prepare your tartar sauce by mixing Mayo ,sweet relish and lemon juice.
- Spread your tartar sauce on both sides of the croissants add the fish and garnish with lettuce and lemon wedges. It is time to eat , enjoy.
This fish sandwich can be served at any time. Brunch would be nice or even lunch and dinner. There are no restrictions. For the those that can take or leave fish dishes, this will spark their appetite. You will see it disappear from their plates.
The main goal is to buy fresh fish if it is located in the display window. You should always ask if it is today's delivery. The frozen fillets are easy to prepare also.
Tips for buying fresh fish
Do you love fish or any seafoods?
More wonderful recipes
- Extra Special Tuna Salad on Romaine Hearts
Tuna fish is often causes controversy. I am sharing a recipe for a salad that is yummy. Also attached to this recipe is information on both sides of the fences on this topic.
- Salmon in Potato Crust
Salmon in Potato Crust is an easy and quick dish to make for those busy days.