The Many Different Uses of Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is an environmentally friendly ingredient in many different cleaners. You can use it to clean your skin, your hair and your home. It is also a safe and inexpensive ingredient in many home remedies that will keep your family healthy.
You can buy it bottled, or buy some lemons and use it fresh. I prefer using the bottled kind. I find it works just as well and it is easier and cheaper. If you want to squeeze yours fresh, here are a few tips:
- Your lemon should be room temperature or microwaved for 10 seconds before juicing.
- Roll lemon on the counter a few times to make it juicier.
- Now either squeeze it by hand or use a squeezer to get even more juice out of your lemon.
Try this lemon/sugar exfoliator.
Lemon juice contains citric acid, which is an alpha hydroxy acid. AHA's are thought to fight skin issues like acne and wrinkles. Lemon juice can also cut through shampoo residue and leave your hair super clean and shiny. Here are a few beauty recipes for you to try:
- Lemon-milk cleansing solution: Squeeze the juice of one lemon into 100 ml (3 1/2 oz) milk and one tablespoon honey. Mix well. Dip a cotton ball into this solution and wipe all over face. Leave on for three to five minutes and rinse well.
- Lemon water for wrinkles: Mix the juice of two lemons into a shot glass full of warm water. Dab on wrinkles morning and night.
- Lemon conditioner: Mix the juice of one lemon, two cups warm water and two tablespoons olive oil. Massage into clean hair. Wrap head in towel and let soak in for 30-45 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
- Lemon rinse for hair: Mix the juice of 1/2 a lemon with one cup warm water. Wash your hair with regular shampoo, rinse, then rinse again with this lemon water solution. It will neutralize the last traces of shampoo from your hair.
- Acne fighter: Squeeze fresh lemon juice onto a cotton ball and rub over problem areas.
- Lighten age spots and acne scars: Dab fresh lemon juice on problem areas.
Lemon Juice as Medicine
Lemon juice has antiviral and antibacterial properties. You can use it in a number of home remedies to keep your family healthy.
- Canker sores: Mix the juice of one lemon into a glass of lukewarm water. Rinse your mouth out with it three times a day. This may sting a little at first.
- Lemon cough syrup: Blend 100 ml (3.5 ounces) lemon juice and 100 ml ( 3.5 ounces) olive oil. Take 1 tsp every hour.
- Sore throat: Mix the juice of one lemon and 1 tsp salt into 1 cup of warm water. Gargle for one minute, three times a day.
- Headaches:Make some lemon coffee to ease headache pain. Stir the juice of one lemon into a cup of black coffee and enjoy.
- Boost immune system: If you feel like am illness is coming on, squeeze a little lemon juice into a cup of warm water and drink every two hours. Swallow a clove of garlic first if you really want to kill those sick germs.
Use Lemon Juice to Clean Your Home
- Make whites whiter by soaking them in a bucket of boiling water and one slice of lemon. Soak overnight then wash as usual.
- Clean your microwave.Squeeze a few tablespoons of lemon juice into a microwaveable mug. Fill about halfway with water. Microwave for about five minutes. Remove mug and wipe clean.
- All purpose cleaning spray: In a spray bottle, mix 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp liquid dishsoap, 1/2 tsp washing soda, and 1 tsp borax into 2 cups of hot water. Shake up and use.
- Clean pesticides off of fruits and vegetables:Mix one part vinegar, one part lemon juice and three parts water into a large bowl. Soak fruits or vegetables for two minutes. Scrub with a brush, rinse well and dry.
You may also be interested in:
- The Many Uses of Honey
Honey has been used throughout the ages for a variety of things such as skin care treatments and medicine. Read this hub and find out how to get beautiful and healthy using honey.
- The Many Uses of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the healthiest oils you can use. It can be a key ingredient in many home remedies, from beauty treatments to pet care. You can even use it to clean your house. Read this hub to find out how.