The (Oldest) Most Original Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
Homemade Macaroni & Cheese
The Original Macaroni & Cheese Recipe
KRAFT™ Macaroni & Cheese
When you hear "Macaroni & Cheese", do you think of KRAFT™?
Most people associate "macaroni & cheese" with the company KRAFT™ Foods.
As a child, I grew up with macaroni & cheese.
Kraft™ Macaroni & Cheese was a common item on the grocery list. It went well with anything (so I thought), especially with hamburgers. I don't like cheese on my hamburger, so a side dish of macaroni & cheese was perfect. Because I love cheese, and I love hamburgers - just NOT so much together.
- 6 cups of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk, heated to warm
- 2 teaspoon dry mustard that's been dissolved in 1 teaspoon water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- optional - 1 TBS of hot sauce
- Cook elbow macaroni properly, drain and pour into a Dutch oven.
- Stir in butter, evaporated milk and cheese slowly, only about 3/4 of it until it's melted. When melted, stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Make sure you're constantly stirring!
Other (oldest) most original recipes
- The (Oldest) Most Original Tomato Soup Recipe
Tomato soup was a common item found on the household menu when I was a child.
- The (Oldest) Most Original Caesar Salad Dressing Rec...
I had the privilege (luck) of obtaining an old china buffet. It was given to me by its newly acquired owner.
- The (Oldest) Most Original Meat Loaf Recipe
An old china buffet it was given to me by its newly acquired owner, who obviously had no idea what to do with it.