- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
The Simplest Oatmeal of Perfection
Eating oatmeal benefits your cardiovascular health and is a healthy way to start the day, but many don't eat it since it tastes 'bland' and disgusting. However the problem is that they don't know how to make it properly. If done right, you might find yourself giving up on that Cinnamon Toast Crunch for this (But who am I kidding, you won't.)
- Easy to make
That's some tasty stuff.
- One part any oatmeal will do
- Two parts Milk or water, Milk if you want it to be healthier
- Two tablespoons Sugar (Optional), Adds taste at the cost of health
- A handful Any garnish, Blueberries/Strawberries etc.
Let's get to business
- (EASY METHOD) Add the oatmeal and milk/water into a bowl. If you want it plain, microwave on high for 2:30. If you want it sweetened, microwave for only 2:00, remove, mix in the sugar with a spoon (you may also add ground cinnamon if you wish) then microwave again for 0:30 then serve.
- (SAUCEPAN WAY) Some say the saucepan way makes it taste better. Like it has magical powers or something. But it takes more time and effort. Add the oatmeal and milk/water to an open saucepan and wait till it bubbles (on medium heat.) Keep mixing it with a spoon. Add the sugar if you want by this point and some ground cinnamon. Make sure the stuff doesn't stick to the edges. Mix it for 30 more seconds. Then pour into your bowl, and enjoy.
Finally add whatever garnish you want, like pieces of fruit or nuts.
Did this help? Voice your opinions in the comments below.