Tindora Curry Spicy and Healthy Vegan Style
Tindora also known as Ivy Gourd or little gourd is a useful vegetable for people having diabetes or having regular constipation. It's rich in beta carotene.
Other than it's nutritional value described above, it is a delicious vegan dish to eat if cooked properply with correct garnish of spices.
Lets now get started and wear our cooking hats and walk towards the path of creating the magical mouth watering dish of Tindora curry.
- 2 lb Tindora or Ivy Gourd
- 4 Spoons Roasted Peanut powder
- 1 Spoon Shredded coconut
- 6 Spoons Vegetable Oil or Canola Oil
- half spoon Mustard seeds
- half spoon Cumin Seeds
- half spoon Chilli Powder
- 1 spoon Coriander Powder
- 1 Spoon Garam masala, Available at India store or online at amazon
- 1 Spoon Salt, You can add to your taste
- 1/4 Spoon Turmeric powder
- Take Tindora and cut it into small pieces (See pics)
- Place it in a bowl and add water to the brim and Microwave it for 6 minutes. (see pics)
- Take Frying pan and put oil in it and heat it. (see pics)
- Once Oil is hot add mustard and cumin seeds. (see pics)
- After you hear the crackling sound of mustard seeds, add turmeric, chilli, coriander and garam masala powder. (see pics)
- Then add the Tindora along with the water and stir it, so that it mixes well with the spices and then cover the frying pan with a lid and leave it for 5 minutes. (see pics)
- After 5 minutes, add peanut powder, coconut powder, salt and some water and let it boil under covered lid for 10 mins. (see pics)
- After 10 mins check the curry for softness (see pics)
- If it looks good as in the pic then you are all done to enjoy the tasty Tindora vegan dish.