Tuna Melt Sandwiches
by Amber Maccione
I used to work in a deli shop when I was in college. One technique that I learned was grilling the bread instead of toasting the bread. Another great idea was putting the sandwich ingredients on an everything bagel instead of slices of bread. I'm big on flavor, so this recipe is more about that than health.
- 2 Everything Bagels, (or your favorite type of bread)
- 1 Tuna, Canned
- .5 teaspoon Garlic, Powder
- .5 teaspoon Onion, Powder
- .5 teaspoon Pepper
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 4 Bacon Slices
- 2 American Cheese Slices, (or your favorite type of cheese)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open can of tuna and drain of water. Then dump in a bowl.
- Mix tuna with garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt, and mayonnaise. Place in refrigerator.
- Place 4 slices of bacon on a pan and cook in oven, flipping every couple of minutes until lightly crisp.
- Butter the inside of both sides of the bagels and place in a heated saucer pan to make a nice golden brown on the flat surface of both sides of the insides of the bagels. Then take off and place on plate.
- When bacon is done take out of oven (takes about 7 to 10 minutes to cook).
- Put mayonnaise and mustard on bagel. Then put half of tuna mixture on each of the bagels. Place two strips of bacon and one slice of cheese on the tuna.
- Serve with chips.
You can add lettuce, onions, and tomatoes.
Copyright © 2013 http://ambercita04.hubpages.com/ All Rights Reserved
© 2013 Amber