- Food and Cooking
Tuna Steaks with Mango-Mint Salsa
- (4) 6oz fresh or thawed tuna steaks, (about 1" thick)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 recipe Mango-Mint Salsa, (recipe is below Nutritional Information)
- Using the recipe below the Nutritional Information, pepare your Mango-Mint Salsa the night before you plan to serve your tuna steaks. Allowing the salsa to chill overnight enables the multiple flavors to fully coagulate in this tasty salsa recipe. If your short on time you may cheat a little, but try to allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse your tuna steaks under cool water, then use paper towels to pat them dry.
- Grease a large skillet with a Tbsp of olive oil, and place it over medium-high heat.
- Cook your tuna steaks in the hot skillet for 5 minutes, carefully flip them, and cook for another 4-5 minutes (just until the steaks flake when tested with a fork). Note: Avoid over-cooking the fish. It is normal, and desirable for meaty cooked tuna steaks to be slightly pink throughout the center.
- Serve with your prepared fresh Mango-Mint Salsa, and enjoy!
|Serving size: 1 tuna steak with 3oz salsa|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 15 g||5%|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 41 g||82%|
|Cholesterol 77 mg||26%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Mango-Mint Salsa Recipe
Ingredients: (makes about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 mango; seeded, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped and peeled jicama
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh mint
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely chopped chipotle pepper
- Stir the mango, jicama, red onion, mint, and chipotle pepper together in a medium size bowl. Drizzle a tablespoon of honey, and a tablespoon of olive oil over the mixture. Stir to combine. Cover, and refrigerate your salsa overnight for best results.