- Food and Cooking»
Turkish coffee with whipped cream
If you like coffee and want to try something new the try a Turkish coffee with whipped cream. It is very easy to make and tastes great.
Here are step by step instructions on how to make Turkish coffee and whipped cream from somebody who has been making it, with great succes, for thirty years.
More on Turkish Coffee
- Turkish Coffee Pots and Other Accessories
Anyone who wants to make a good cup of Turkish coffee needs to have a special pot, called ibrik,cezve, Turkish coffee pot or Turkish coffee maker. This pot have been succesfuly used by Turks and other nations...
- The True Turkish Coffee on Sand
There isn't such a thing as Turkish coffee. However, there are different methods of preparing a cup of coffee. Before the coffeemakers were invented, people used other ways to brew their morning delight....
To make Turkish coffee
To make Turkish coffee you will need
- A special pot called ibrik or csezve. If you do not have one, or do not want to buy one, then you can use the smallest sauce pan. It just need to hold 8 oz of water and have a little extra space for the froth to rise.
- Coffee - get a good one, medium roasted if possible and grind it as fine as a powder.I recommend fresh coffee beans because the flavor lasts longer but you can also buy turkish coffee that has been specially roasted and ground. Ultimately, if your coffee is already ground you can run it through the grinder.
- Water - fresh and filtered
- Sugar - as much as you like. I use one teaspoon for every 6 oz of water.
- Coffee cup - a six to eight oz. Be sure to have it handy because you’ll need it before the coffee is done.
- Fill up your Turkish coffee pot with 8 oz of fresh filtered water.
- Add the sugar and do not stir.
- Set in on the smallest burner of your stove. You want to make sure the heat doesn’t reach the handle of the pot since you need to get that pot out of heat quickly.
- Turn on medium to high for electric stove and low to medium for gas.
- Add coffee - 2 teaspoons of coffee or one for each 4 oz. of water.
- Stand by and watch the coffee. It should start bobbling in few minutes. Watch the foam of the coffee rising slowly. Be prepared with a teaspoon as you will need to collect the froth. (Once it reached the boiling point, the coffee tends to spill over and make a big and very hard to clean mess on your stove).
- Once the cream is raising stir gently to spread the coffee around and bring up the foam or froth. At this point you are ready to collect the froth. Make sure you get the very first layer that has a light brown color. The deeper layer is dark brown and consists of coffee grounds.
- Turn the stove to low or remove the pot from the burner. Collect the froth and put in on your coffee cup.
- Return the pot to the burner or turn the heat higher and bring the coffee to a boil one more time. A new froth should form. Boil the coffee for few seconds by lowering the heat to avoid any spills. Then turn off your stove and set the coffee aside for 1 minute to allow the coffee grinds to settle. A quicker way to settle the coffee is by pouring few drops of very cold water in the coffee pot.
After these steps you should have 4 to 6 ounces of rich flavoured coffee, topped with a layer of light brown foam.
- Pour the coffee in your coffee pot and get ready to make your whipped cream.
To make whipped cream you’ll need a hand mixer and a tall container.
1. Pour 1 cup of whipping cream in a tall container
2. Add 1 tablespoon of powder sugar
3. Set the mixer on the highest speed and mix until the mixture is stiff.
Then drop a spoonful of whipped cream in your Turkish coffee and enjoy.
If you like to add some flavors then try a dash a cinnamon.
If you like chocolate then grate some on top.
And if you like some action then pour an ounce of cognac.
- Coffee With Cognac
or Ways to flavour your coffee, spice up your afternoon, gossip over a camouflaged coffee drink and keep your cool I love coffee. I think I started drinking it regularly around the age of 15. First it was...