Two different easy ways of cooking Egg Biryani
Boiled or scrambled?
Eggs always remind me of an Indian advertisement which tells to eat egg everyday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDGw8j6EJs Recently i was talking to my friend over phone that i usually crave for eggs on Thursdays when i am suppose to be vegetarian(as per our rituals), She said that even she suffers from the same problem. So she boils eggs on Thursdays and the first thing which she does in the morning is to make Egg biryani. YES! she has egg biryani as breakfast on Fridays! Shocked and confused i kept the phone. The reason for being shocked was obvious but the confusion was about the recipe! I have been making egg biryani with scrambled eggs till now and now i hear about a recipe with boiled egg! A little research and experiment on my guinea pig(my husband) has now taught me how to make egg biryani in both ways-
- Egg biryani with boiled egg
- Egg biryani with scrambled egg
The ingredients are more or less same as my hub on prawn biryani http://dipsmi.hubpages.com/hub/spicy-tasty-Shrimp-biryani-or-prawn-biryani but for connivance purpose i am putting it here again-
Just now when i am about to publish this hub, I realize that its Thursday!
Oil- 4 tsp
Onion- 1 medium(sliced)
Tomato- 1 sliced
Bay leaf- 1
Mustard Seed- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Coriander- 1 bunch chopped
* Coriander powder- 1 tsp
* Chilli powder- 1 tsp
* Turmeric- 1 tsp
* Garam masala- 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Peas green- 1 tsp(optional)
Capsicum-1 /2 sliced
Salt- as per taste
* means spices
Soak rice for half an hour before cooking.
The recipes given below are very easy to make. The traditional biryani takes a longer time to cook and has more elaboration but there is not much difference in tastes! Biryani tastes best with Basmati Rice.
Boiled Egg Biryani
- It is prepared in the same way, only you have to boil eggs. Please note that one egg has to be scrambled and others to be boiled, if you wish you can boil all.
- Repeat the same instructions as that of Biryani with Scrambeled eggs 1- 11
- Add boiled eggs, mix well
- Now follow the instructions from point 12- 15
This recipe tastes best with Raita.
Here are some links which will help you in cooking egg biryani.
Scrambled Egg Biryani
- Cook rice separately in a rice cooker/ pressure cooker
- Heat oil in pan.
- Once the oil is hot, put bay leaf, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cloves, cardamon
- Pour beaten egg in pan, fry for 1 minute
- Add cumin seeds
- Add onion, fry for 1 minute
- Add ginger garlic paste and salt
- Fry till onion are golden brown
- Add tomato, mix
- Add all the spices, mix well
- Add capsicum, peas, mix well till oil sepatares
- Add cooked rice, mix well
- Check salt consistency, if needed put salt
- Lower the flame(from meduim to low) and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and cashews.
I do not have any picture of the recipe made by me as i am not cooking it today.Sorry guys, you will have to search net for it!