Vegan Guide - Starters Edition
What is Veganism?
Veganism is a lifestyle which abstains from the use of animal products, this includes milk, egg, honey, animal meat etc... Some people are dietary vegans, which means they can still use/buy leather, wool, feathers etc...
This may sound scary and sound like hard work, by cancelling out a lot of food but there are loads of substitutions for these foods:
milk -> soy milk, oat milk, coconut milk and rice milk.
Eggs -> Flax seed + water or banana (you can use these substitutes when baking)
Animal meat -> Soy products (soy products contain a lot of protein) e.g. brand: Quorn
- The US alone slaughters 10 billion animals per year...that's 317 innocent animals per second.
- One steak takes 7,500 litres of water to produce
- Every second 1 acre of the Amazon rainforest gets cut down due to animal agriculture. 91% of deforestation is caused by animal agriculture!
- Going vegan can save 3,000 - 7,000 animals in a persons lifetime
- Eating meat can increase your risk of dying from heart disease by 60 percent
- Being vegan can clear up acne and spots up to 90%
- Cows milks contains pus, hormones and steroids that makes a baby calf grow into an 1,000 pound cow!
- At least 542,000 people in Britain are now vegan and never consume any animal products!
- Studies have shown that a vegan diet helps you live a longer healthier life
- Many animals have been genetically manipulated to grow faster and produce a lot more milk and eggs than they naturally should be producing.
How did i become vegan?
I became vegan by watching that video below... so simple, that's all it took. It totally opened my mind and made me look at animals in a different way.
If you need some inspiration to becoming to vegan or even slightly thinking about it, you need to watch 'Cowspiracy' you can find it on Netflix and click the video above to watch 'The Best Vegan Speech Ever'
Thank you so much for reading, hopefully this opened your mind and made you think differently about animals. If you have any questions or would like to follow me, you can find me on my twitter @chelsblah