Vegan One Pot Pasta
Easy Meal For Two
Pasta is one of my favorite types of food. Though I am a full-time student with a full-time job, so I do not have a lot of time for cleaning. This recipe is great because it eliminates the need for multiple pots, so cleanup is much faster, which is something that everyone loves I'm sure.
- 1 box Penne Pasta
- 12 ounces Tomato sauce, homemade or store bought is fine
- 1/2 cup Nutritional yeast
- 1T Better than Bouillon
- 2T Basil
- 1/2t Pepper
- 4 cups Water, About 1/2 inch above the pasta
- 1T Chopped garlic, Optional
- Dissolve the bouillon in some warm water, not all of it, and mix in the garlic as well.
- Add the nutritional yeast, basil, pepper and sauce in the pot (I am using a pressure cooker). Mix thoroughly.
- Add the pasta to the mixture. Give it a rough mix then add the rest of the water. You may need to use more or less depending on your pot so add it slowly. You want the water to be about half an inch above the pasta.
- Set your pressure cooker to 12 minutes, and make sure it is sealed. When it is done, use the quick release to relieve the pressure. Do not let your pot depressurize naturally, because the pasta will absorb too much of the sauce and it will not be as good.
- Serve in your favorite bowl!