- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- Southeast Asian Cuisine
Vegetable rolls, mango summer rolls
For video, please jump to the page's bottom.
The weather is crazy hot so I am up for some soothing food and summer roll is an obvious choice. There are hundred types of goi cuon - summer rolls but we'll go for mango summer roll today, the one which I made in VietTaste event and people love it the most.
I hope you'll find it somehow helpful.
MAKE 20 rolls
5 oz. dried vermicelli, cooked, let drained and fluffy
20 rice papers
1 mango, cut into medium thick stripes
1 cucumber, cut into medium thick stripes
Sweet basil (add unique zing)
gherkin/ pickle onion (optional)
Soy sauce, for dipping sauce
- Cook vermicelli - following how to cook vermicelli, wash herbs, peel and slice mango, cucumber and gherkin/ pickle onion.
- Prepare a wrap&roll station (a chopping board or a flat surface lined with damp tea towel), a large bowl of warm water and start to roll. Basically, quickly dip the rice paper into warm water then lie it on the working surface, place a lettuce leaf lengthwise, top with vermicelli, other ingredients and roll it tightly.
- Serve whole or cut each roll into for pieces. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Arrange everything on the table, give everyone a plate and guide people to roll their own roll
- Roll and serve at starter
- Cut into pieces and serve as nibbles food
Serve with soy sauce, hoisin sauce, peanut sauce or your signature sauce
Be creative with summer rolls, when you know the rules you can break the rules . Freshness and balance is the key!
Have you ever make mango summer roll?
- Feedback for my summer rolls
From VietTaste session at leather market, London
- Raw mango loaded with vitamin C, health benefits, anti-cancer properties: Raw mango for scurvy,cance
- How to roll a summer roll
how to roll a summer roll?!