Recipes for your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker - Vegetarian Spanish Style Rice
I have created many of my own healthier versions of Latin food. This vegetarian rice is my version of Spanish fried rice. I have chosen not to fry the rice to maintain the low fat amount. Second I replaced white rice with an Indian Basmati long-grain rice. This has slightly higher protein than tradition Jasmine short-grain rice.
I prefer to use only organic ingredients in my recipes. If anyone has any questions regarding this recipe please leave a comment below or send me a message.
Rate My Organic Recipes
Electric Pressure Cooker
- 1 cup Organic Basmati Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 cup Organic Strained Tomatoes
- 2 tbs. Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbs. Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Organic Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Organic Ground Cumin
- 3 Organic Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Organic Large Red Onion
- 1 Organic Large Hatch Pepper
- Combine spices, vegetable stock, strained tomatoes, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Add rice to electric pressure cooker or stove top pan.
- Add liquid mixture.
- Use a garlic press or finely chop garlic. Add to rice.
- Dice red onion. Slice hatch pepper in half. Remove seeds and slice peppers about a 1/4 inch thick. Add to rice.
- Stir all ingredients so they are blended together well. In an electric pressure cooker this rice takes a manual cook time of 9 minutes. On the stove top you would bring the rice to a boil on high heat then reduce to low heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes.