- Food and Cooking
This is a delicious and easy pie made from scratch. If you like apple/pear/chocolate pies then you will surely like this walnut pie. It has a wonderful taste. Like all pies this will take about an hour to make but if you want to make this quickly you can use a store bought pie crust and make the filling as described.
- use pecans instead of walnuts
- add chocolate chips or chunks
- add pinneapple chunks
- use store bought pie crust
Try the recipe and comment below if you have any questions.
- 2½ cups Flour
- ½ cup Icing Sugar
- ½ cup Oil
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 ½ cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- Sift the flour, icing sugar and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add oil little by little till it becomes crumbly.
- In a seperate bowl mix the egg and milk.
- Add egg mix to the dough and flatten in a 9 inch dish (keep some aside for decorating the pie from the top later)
- In a heavy base pan put sugar on medium/high heat when the sugar becomes toffee like take it off of the heat and add walnuts and fully coat them (be very careful the sugar can burn or become too hard).
- Put the pan back on medium heat and mix in the cream and honey.
- Pour this mixture over the base and decorate (with the base dough left aside earlier).
- Bake at 180 ° C/360° F for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the crust comes out clean.
- This is great on its own but it tastes even better with whipped cream or ice cream.