What to Do With Leftover Turkey: 5 Ideas
One of the best parts of holiday meals is having a refrigerator full of leftovers for several days following the big day. If you prepare turkey for one or more holidays in your home, there's a good chance that your family members look forward to enjoying the leftovers just as much as they do sitting down for the big special occasion meal.
5 Ideas for Leftover Turkey
If you are at a loss when it comes to figuring out what to do with leftover turkey, here are a few ideas that you can try!
1. Make Turkey Tetrazzini – Make homemade turkey tetrazzini with leftover cooked turkey, pasta, and a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. See the Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe hub for detailed instructions. This great one-dish recipe tends to be a hit with children and adults alike.
2. Use it in Poultry Casseroles – Substitute leftover turkey for cooked chicken in any of your favorite chicken casserole recipes. Any dish that combines chicken with rice, potatoes, cheese, and/or some type of sauce will taste just as good – maybe even better – when made with turkey. A few recipes you may want to try are: Chicken and New Potato Casserole and Chicken and Pasta.
3. Create a Turkey Pot Pie – What could be more comforting than a delicious homemade pot pie made with leftover turkey from your family holiday gathering? You can even use leftover veggies from your holiday meal when you make a pot pie. Making pot pie doesn't have to be difficult at all. See the Easy Turkey Pot Pie hub for simple instructions to create a delicious main dish pie that everyone in your family is sure to enjoy.
4. Make Turkey Salad – Consider making turkey salad with your leftover turkey. It makes the perfect sandwich filling or tastes great served with a large green salad. Simply adapt your favorite chicken salad recipe and use turkey instead. A few recipes that you may want to try are Easy Chinese Chicken salad and Low Fat Chicken Salad.
5. Create Turkey Quesadillas – Making homemade quesadillas is a great way to use all types of leftover meat. Consider creating turkey and cheese quesadillas, or combining your favorite sautéed vegetables with turkey and meat. The Tasty Chicken and Mushroom Quesadilla Recipe hub, for example, is a simple recipe that can easily be adapted for use with leftover turkey rather than chicken simply by substituting an equivalent amount.
Do you have ideas for using leftover turkey? Feel free to post your own tips and suggestions in the comments section below.