- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Eggnog Pudding Cup Pies with Candy Cane Crust
Eggnog Pie Recipe
Here’s a delicious little pie that just screams winter holidays! My family celebrates the Winter Solstice (blessed Yule, fellow Pagans), but it would work deliciously well for Christmas, too. There are three things I love about them:
1) They’re easy
2) They’re yummy
3) They make a beautiful presentation
4) They’re also a great way to use eggnog!
Cup Pies Are So Cute!
Like It? Rate It!
This Is My Favorite Pudding Mix:
- 1 Double pie pastry, (home-made, or store-bought refrigerator pastry)
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- 2 boxes Jell-O White Chocolate pudding and pie filling
- 1 ¼ cup eggnog
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- ½ tsp. Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 1 cup whipped cream, fresh or store-bought (plus extra for topping if desired)
- Colorful sprinkles, optional
Cup Pie in a Muffin Pan
How to Make Pies:
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Roll out your pie pastry.
- Pulverize your candy canes and sprinkle it all over your pastry. Pat down slightly just to embed the crumbs.
- Cut out your pastries in about 3 ½ inch rounds (you can always cut a paper circle template if you don't have round cutters).
- Put the rounds into the cups of a nonstick muffin tin. The candy cane side should be on the side facing up, so they’ll be on the inside of the pie crust cup. That way they won’t stick to the muffin tin when they melt. Press the pastry into the tin gently, trim edges and crimp if desired.
- Place a paper cupcake cup liner gently into each pastry, and fill with pie weights, beans, rice, or whatever you use to weigh down pie crusts. Put the muffin tin in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the little muffin liner and pie weights, and return it to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the tiny pie crusts are browned nicely and cooked through.
- Let the crusts cool. Twist gently to release them from the muffin tins and set aside.
- Mix the two pudding boxes with eggnog, nutmeg and extract. Whisk for 2 minutes. Place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to firm up. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Pipe or spoon the filling into the cool candy cane crusts, filling the crusts generously. Top with more whipped cream if desired, add a candy cane for a garnish or sprinkle with colorful sprinkles.