Diana Grant profile image 87

What is the secret of making chocolate cornflake crisps?

I melted some chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of water, added a dash of milk, stirred it, and threw in some cornflakes and tried to mix it all up. The mixture stuck to the spoon, and then to my fingers when I tried to shape them into round balls of equal size, and finally they stuck to the plate. I put them in the fridge to harden, then took them out, and they looked a right mess, and had to be scraped off the plate with a knife to loosen them. They tasted nice, but were, on balance, a dismal failure, and not the sort of dish one would offer the Queen on her Diamond Jubilee!

CookingAnnie profile image80

Annie Devlin (CookingAnnie) says

• Diana Grant profile image

Diana Grant 5 years ago

Annie: I can't believe how quickly you replied - you must have been waiting with wooden spoon poised, ready to answer my question! Anyway, thanks for the information, and I shall try that next time.

Diana Grant profile image87

Diana Grant says