- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Baby Lettuce Salad Complete Meal for Any Season
Baby Lettuce Mixed Salad & Healthy Dressings
Practically everyone knows that we are to eat our veggies. But what you may not know is that healthy green salads using the baby varieties can help you meet the daily requirements your body needs.
By using a good selection of tender baby leaf lettuces combined with other vegetables and fruits, you will maintain good health and eating habits while satisfying all your taste buds.
Who says salads have to be boring? I've included my favorite Baby lettuce combination salad for you. It is packed with flavor and is a hearty meal.
Photo by Favored1
Copyrighted Material by Favored1. Do not copy. Photo credit by Favored1 or Amazon unless otherwise noted. This artwork is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License.
Baby Spinach mixed in the salad is a good idea.
Want to improve your mental abilities?
Add some spinach to your diet for brain & memory maintenance.
Poll: Baby Oh Baby
Do you eat salads with baby lettuces?
Oh, Don't Be Radicchio...
Get the vitamin K you need to support your bones and reduce insulin resistance by simply adding 9 ounces of radicchio to your salads.
The introduction photo does not show these items: Kidney Beans, Cauliflower and Broccoli florets, Baby Whole Beets, Black Olives (or green if you like), I do put these in my salad.
Salad Dressing of choice. I like Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar ususally.
Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: As many as you want.
- Baby Lettuces:
- Baby lettuce
- Baby Romaine Lettuce
- Baby Red Iakleaf Lettuce
- Baby Green Oakleaf Lettuce
- Baby Redleaf Lettuce
- Baby Greenleaf Lettuce
- Baby Red Chard
- Baby Green Chard
- Baby Raddichhio
- Baby Spinach
- Optional lettuces that I really like in my salad are Bib Lettuce and Buttercrunch Lettuce
- * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- Other Ingredients:
- Lolla Rosa
- Sliced Raddishes
- Kidney Beans
- Variety of Baby Bell Peppers
- Mild Banana Pepper Rings
- Cauliflower and Broccoli florets
- Diced Hard Boiled Egg
- Shredded Extra Sharp Cheese
- Slivered Carrots
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes
- Chopped Celery
- Black or Green Olives
- Baby Whole Beets
- Walnut Halves
- Slivered Almonds
- Chopped Cashews
- Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
- Ground Black Pepper
- Wash all vegetables before assembling the salad. Begin by placing mixed greens (leaf veggies) at the bottom of bowl. Continue to add other ingredients in layers until you have what you want in the salad. Toss/mix the salad adding your favorite salad dressing. Serve chilled. Refrigerate remaining covered salad for up to 3 days.
- Photo credit:www.livestrong.com/lettuce-nutrition-information/www.livestrong.com/lettuce-nutrition-information/
Quick Salad Dressing
In a blender:
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 handful of Brazil nuts
Puree until desired thickness.
If too thick, add more tomatoes.
Pour over salad. Enjoy,
Honey Orange Salad Dressing
Combine in bowl & mix:
3 - 4 tbsps fresh orange juice
1 tbsp honey
2 tsps diced onion
2 tsps white wine vinegar
1 tsp virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp honey dijon mustard
fresh ground black pepper
Healthy Salad Ideas
Baby Lettuce Salad & Recipe Ideas
Baby Letuce is much more tender than regular lettuce.
1) A Simple Raw Food Recipe - Baby Heirloom Lettuce Salad with Creamy Tomato Dressing
Where Baby Lettuce is Processed
1)Tecnoceam baby leaf salad processing plant
2) How to grow and pick baby lettuce
Ready, Set - Stick Out Your Tongs
Do you think you can get all your vitamins from a salad? Here are a few things people are saying:
Yes, a good salad can give me all the vitamins I need.
anonymous 4 years ago Yes, I sure do! :)
anonymous 4 years ago Yes, I believe so.
Heidi Vincent 4 years ago from GRENADA Absolutely! Using the 'rainbow diet' idea.
kburns421 lm 5 years ago Of course! As long as you put the right things in it.
Elsie Hagley 5 years ago from New Zealand All I need is in a good salad.
Poll: So what do you think?
Can we still receive all the vitamins we need from fresh veggies?
Try adding Bell Peppers
Maintain healthy skin and eyes by adding a variety of bell peppers to your salads.
They provide vitamins A & C to support overall good health.
Healthy Salads with Fruit
- Pear, Spinach, Walnut And Celery Salad Recipe - Food.com
Healthy recipe for a pre-summer health push.
Thinly Sliced Apples Add Tartness & Crunch
I like to add small amounts of apple to my salads.
To keep them from turning brown, coat them lightly with lemon juice before adding them to the salad.
Why not add some dried cranberries or apricots & tantalize your tastebuds?
Baby Lettuce & Other Salad Recipes
- Baby Lettuce & Herb Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette
- Red Lettuce and Roasted Beet Salad With Walnuts and Blue Cheese
A totally tasty way to good health.
- Salad of baby lettuces with lemon vinaigrette
Great salad idea using chive oil.
Salad Bowl Sets
Salad bowls make great gifts for:
Godinger Dublin 3-Piece Crystal Salad Set
Salad Bowls, Plates & Accessories
Portmeirion Botanic Garden Salad Plates & Bowls
Questions about Salads
Salad Ideas - Mixin' It Up
- Dole Foods Sweet Baby Lettuce
Salad mix and information
- Lose Weight - Start with Salad
You feel less hungry and eat less when you begin with a salad.
- Improve Your Kids Health with Salads
Salad bars improve a child's overall health.
- Salad Eaters Improve Veggie Intake
Having a salad increases consumption of daily veggie requirement.
- Are salads too expensive?
You can afford to eat more fresh vegetables.
- RADICAL RADICCHIO
Adding radicchio to your salad can improve your health. See how.
- Fresh Organic Salads
The not so ordinary salad mixes.
- Basic Lettuce & Salad Nutrition
Want a virtually fat free meal?
Thank you for your time. Hope you visit again soon!
Look for Me on the Web for Related Topics here or on Favored Cooking.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and other articles here.
*Note: The "RELATED HUBS" items are not mine and are not necessarily endorsed by me.
© 2012 Fay Favored