Best Bacon Fritters Recipe
Bacon Fritter Recipe
When it comes to a good hardy breakfast you can't beat bacon.
There are so many ways to cook bacon, either smoked or unsmoked, that it's hard to pick the most tasty. I still like the old style bacon and eggs but sometimes I splash out and make some bacon fritters, a delectable savoury dish that really brings oomph to breakfast. (Not too often, unfortunately, I have to watch my weight but oh my, once a fortnight I lash out on bacon)
Here's an excellent recipe for bacon fritters.
I really enjoy these and bet you like them too!
- 4 oz Flour
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 Pint of Milk
- 2 -3 Rashers of Bacon
- cut up
- Small Block of Butter for frying
- 1) Tip the flour and the salt into a bowl
- 2) Add the egg and beat the mixture until the egg is completely blended
- 3) Add the milk and beat until you get a smooth batter
- 4) Throw the bacon bits into the mixture and stir them in untill all the bacon bits have been coated completely in the batter
- 5) Melt the butter in the frying pan
- 6) Once the pan is hot begin to spoon the mixture into the hot pan using a tablespoon. For every fritter that you spoon into the pan ensure that you turn them so that they cook evenly throughout. The fritters will turn a golden brown when done
- 7) Serve the fritters and enjoy the lovely taste
a bacon lover's delight
Fake bacon from Pork Belly
More for Breakfast
- How To Make French Toast
Sunday mornings are my French Toast mornings. It's quick enough to get together, just bread which has been soaked in egg and fried till golden.
- Sour Dough French Toast
French toast is one of my favorite recipes. You can have it for breakfast, brunch, or whenever. It has so many variations and ways to be prepared that the possibilities are endless
- Feed a Cricket Team with Scrambled Eggs
You may not have to feed a cricket team very often, but when you do have to prepare a breakfast or brunch for a round dozen guests, give them this scrambled egg recipe baked in the oven.
- Don't forget a good cup of coffee!
Get a real cup of Italian coffee. A true cappuccino you make yourself in an instant.