How To Make French Toast
Easy French Toast for Breakfast
French toast is a delicious breakfast dish.
It's not the breakfast I recommend as a daily routine, rather as a small luxury for yourself.
Sunday mornings are my French Toast mornings. It's quick enough to get together, just bread which has been soaked in egg and fried till golden. Then a leisurely coffee on the patio with the crossword.
French toast, Hong Kong style, is my reward to myself for a hard week's work.
French Toast Hong Kong Style
French Toast, Hong Kong style is made by quickly frying sliced bread dipped in beaten egg, and served with a slab of butter and topped with golden syrup. Then add whatever fruit is in season.
- 4 Medium Sized Eggs
- 1 Knob of Butter
- 25 ml Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- French Bread
- Fresh Fruit
- Slice up the french bread ready for dipping
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan to provide extra flavour and a non-stick surface
- While the butter is melting, crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and add to it the milk. Whisk the egg and milk up till the yolks are broken and the mixture goes a lovely golden colour
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the mix
- Take each slice of bread and dip it into the egg mixture until it is completely coated and has soaked up the egg
- Carefully place each slice of bread into the now hot frying pan
- After about 2 minutes flip each of the slices over to cook the other side
- Serve with slices of fresh fruits
Pain Perdu (Lost Bread) uses up stale bread - another delicious variant of French Toast.
You slice the hard bread on the bias and dip the slices into a mixture of egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Pan-fry them in butter and serve dusted with powdered sugar and jam on the side.
French Toast. Sweet and Savoury Treats for Every Meal
An enticing selection of French Toast delights.
Seafood, Hollandaise, Banana Supreme, Blueberry Cobbler, Smoked Ham and Swiss, Tomato Basil Monte Cristos and lots of variants of apples, oranges, nuts and cinnamon.
Who knew French Toast could be like this?
Nicko's French Toast
The Perfect Pan for French Toast
I love the Cuisinart Chef range. High quality, yet affordable
More Recipes for Breakfast from My Kitchen
- Sour Dough French Toast
French toast is one of my favorite recipes. You can have it for breakfast, brunch, or whenever. It has so many variations and ways to be prepared that the possibilities are endless.
- Best Bacon Fritters Recipe
When it comes to a good hardy breakfast you just can't beat bacon. Here's an excellent recipe for bacon fritters.
- Best Waffle Recipes
Delightful and delicious waffles hit the spot at breakfast - or any time of day
Do you think French Toast is a good breakfast food? - French toast for breakfast
Do you think French toast is a good breakfast food?
© 2011 Susanna Duffy