- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Chicken Recipes
Chicken in Lemon Cream Sauce Recipe
I'm a huge fan of chicken & I can easily whip up lots of different dishes but this is hands down my favorite. My kids adore it & at this point it's better than anything I have ever eaten at a restaurant. The chicken comes out cooked perfectly & not overdone.
Because I'm in Missouri this recipe of course calls for Provel cheese....you aren't going to find this outside my area but it's essentially a mix of cheddar, swiss and provolone. Just buy those three shredded (or grate yourself) & mix them together. It's cool, that will be melted anyway.
This is a rich dish, you'll want some veggies or a light salad to go with it.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- Yields: 4
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 4 ounces Provel cheese
- 4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/3 cups Heavy (40 percent) cream
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice, plus additional for seasoning
- Dash Salt
- Dash Pepper
- Sprinkle Fresh Parsley
- Several Lemon slices, to make it pretty
- First you want to warm warm oil in a 10-12 inch nonstick skillet ( You'll need to use two of these to make 4 pieces) over medium-high heat; add chicken and brown lightly.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Then butterfly the chicken breast halves by cutting in half horizontally almost all the way through.
- Return them to the skillet, cut side down; cook 5 minutes more. (make sure it's cooked thru, thicker pieces may take a little longer)
- Turn off heat, drain any grease and top chicken with provel...now add a lid to help the cheese melt.
- Onto the sauce! Pour your cream into a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Then add 2 teaspoons lemon juice.
- Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Do this until the cream reduces and thickens enough to heavily coat a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Add in some salt, a little pepper and lemon juice to taste.
- When cheese has melted, transfer chicken to the plates, pour sauce over and garnish with parsley and pretty little lemon slices.
- Serve immediately to your drooling family