- Food and Cooking
Chocolate Banana Biscotti & Bread (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Try This Low Fat/Low Cal 2 for 1 Treat Today!
I monkeyed around in the kitchen with the old Italian tradition of biscotti making. One step gives you banana bread and the two-step begets biscotti! Have it one way and eat it daintily with a fork or double bake and dunk it! No judgement: enjoy at breakfast, lunch or dessert. This "two-for" treat goes a long way! So, don't be greedy now. Go bananas and wrap some up to give as a gift! ;)
Bake Biscotti On These!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray bread pan with olive/canola oil or no calorie non-stick spray
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 40 min
- Ready in: 45 min
- Yields: 12
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup truvia
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon saigon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips
- 2 mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix dry Ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then combine
- Pour batter in bread pan and bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees
- TIP: You can use Quinoa Flour instead of Garbanzo Bean Flour
- FOR BISCOTTI:
- Reduce oven to 325 degrees
- Slice (straight or diagonal) Chocolate Banana Bread and bake for an additional 30 minutes
- DON'T FORGET TO FLIP SLICES OVER: 15 MINUTES ON EACH SIDE
Use Your Own Home-Made Vanilla Extract In This Recipe!
- (Click Here) > For The Recipe
It's easy and a good staple to have in your kitchen!
This Is How It's Done! XO
Calories per serving: 100
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
What's your preference?