Smores Dessert Shooters
Ready for a very special dessert - try a Smore Dessert Shooter!
It doesn't have to be a summer evening to sit beside a campfire and serve up some delicious Smores Dessert Shooters. Less messy than their traditional counterparts, Smore Dessert Shooters are just right to follow a filling meal of hotdogs and hamburgers.
For those of you unfamiliar with the Dessert Shooter craze, these desserts are served in smaller sized glasses, usually from to 2 ounces and are just right to satisfy even the toughest sweet tooth after a filling dinner. 5 ounces
Unlike traditional S'mores which are handheld, I'm going to teach you how to create this delicious dessert in a different presentation - they're mini desserts served in smaller glasses (4 ounces or so) or, for the tiniest mini desserts, serve these delicious dessert shooters in shot glasses. But, beware, your diners might want 'smore.'
Come visit my new website DessertShooters.com.
If you prefer the traditional s'mores, check out my friend Virginia's lens Smore's makers.
These dessert shooter glasses are just right for Smore Dessert Shooters
Note: do not use plastic dessert shooter glasses for these desserts as they will melt when you toast the marshmallows! Glass dessert shooter containers only!
There festive dessert shooters are as much fun to put together as they are to eat (not really but it sounded good).
- Prep time: 5 min
- Ready in: 5 min
- Yields: 4
- 1 Hershey's chocolate bar melted
- 8 squares Hershey's chocolate bar
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 T melted butter
- 8 large marshmallows
- 8 small marshmallows
- Mix the graham crackers and butter together. Pat 2 T in the bottom of each dessert shooter glass. Note: if you're using a long, narrow glass, use a demitasse spoon to pat crumbs into the bottom.
- Add in 1 T of the melted chocolate bar. Add in 2 small marshmallows and 2 squares of the chocolate bar.
- Repeat layer with graham crackers and melted chocolate.
- Top with 2 large marshmallows and use a small culinary blow torch to quickly brown the top marshmallows. Top with another piece of the Hershey's chocolate bar for garnish.
- Sprinkle top with graham cracker crumbs and serve with a glass of ice cold milk.
- For an interesting variation, add a small amount of vanilla ice cream to the layers.
Check out this microwavable s'mores maker?
Oh, now, I'm not usually tempted but this is doing it. I love s'mores and would love them even more if I could have them nightly right out of the microwave.
Cooks 2 s'mores in less than 30 seconds! Talk about instant gratification.
A kitchen torch is just the right tool to brown the marshmallows
This kitchen torch works great and very quickly so your marshmallow tops will come out brown and crispy each time.
Some more products on Amazon to help you in your quest to make Smores
I didn't even know there was such a thing a a "Smore maker" for the microwave. Now, that's COOL!