- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
A tasty dish :Kabulichana MasalaStew for Chappathi,Nan, paratha, Idiappam,Appam
Kabooli chana masala stew.
For the breakfast a variety of dishes can be made .For the housewives who want to make something new, this hub is very useful. If we make the same dish it is boring. Everybody likes a change .So through this hub I am trying to describe a method of preparing a tasty dish using Kaboolichana( Chickpeas).This dish can be served with Chapatti, poori ,dosai,Idli, Idiappam,oothappam ,Appam.
- 250 gms Kabuli chana
- 2 large sized onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, medium sized
- 2 teaspoon cerorriander powder
- 2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 taespoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Tea leaves
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- as per taste salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon oil
Kabuli Chana Masala Stew
Kabuli chana masala stew
1. Wash chana and Soak overnight in water.Cook it in the same water .
2 Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion&sauté till brown. Add ginger garlic paste & sauté for somemore time.
3. Add corriander powder, red chilli, garam masala powder, turmeric powder & sauté for some more time .Grind the tomato &sauté with the powder
4. Take ¼ cup of boiled chana & grind it in a mixi.
5. Add the ground chana sauted onion &powders to the cooked chana along with salt &enough water
6. Cover the tea leaves with a piece of cloth & tie tightly & place it in the gravy to get colour .
7. Cook till the chana is well mixed and the gravy becomes thick
8. Add coconut milk & remove from fire before boiling
9. Garnish with curry leaves & serve hot
Things to remember
- After adding coconut milk dont allow the gravy to boil
For making soft and easy Appam refer my hub,