Easy Quick Chili Recipe
One pot recipes such as soups, stews, and chili's are my go to meals when I'm looking for a fast and easy meal to make. You can make any of these meals ahead of time and simply heat them up when you want to eat.
Many times when I worked away from home, Sundays would be my day to cook and prepare meals for the upcoming week. A lot of the time I would and still do today make a double batch and freeze the meal for a later date.
Chili is fast to make and can be on your table within 45 minutes from start to finish. I just recently discovered Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix for Chili, and I must say that it is very tasty.
Please note that I've used black beans in this recipe but you can use any type you prefer.
Serve with sides of sour cream, grated cheese, tortilla chips, guacamole, or additional chopped onions.
- 1 - 2 pounds of lean ground beef cooked and drained
- 4 - 6 slices of bacon fried chopped
- 1 large cooking onion chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic chopped
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of stewed tomatoes
- 2 cans of black beans drained
- 1 package of Mrs. Dash Seasoning Mix for Chili
- 1 bag of tortilla chips *optional
- Cook the ground beef, drain, and set aside
- Fry the bacon strips reserving the bacon fat, and set the bacon aside.
- In a 6 quart pot heat the bacon fat over medium heat.
- To the pot add the chopped onion and garlic cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes along with the stewed tomatoes and stir.
- Next add the black beans or beans of your choice along with the cooked ground beef, and chopped bacon.
- Sprinkle in the Mrs. Dash Seasoning mix for chili and stir.
- Bring all the ingredients in the pot to a boil, turn the heat down to a simmer, cover and cook for at least twenty minutes.
- Serve and ENJOY!
Do you eat your chili with chips?
© 2014 Susan Zutautas