- Food and Cooking
Quick and Easy Recipe: Tuna Pasta Salad
Looking for ideas for a delicious meal that is easy to make, not time consuming and won’t break your pocket? How about Tuna Pasta Salad?
Tuna Pasta Salad is a simple, budget-friendly meal that can be easily modified to include what you have to hand, and can be made to suit any taste. It can be served at barbeques, get togethers, picnics, or even a simple family meal at home. It is one of the most versatile dishes out there, as it can be served as a main course, or as a side dish.This meal takes less than an hour to make, and the leftovers can be easily stored.
This recipe serves four to six persons.
- 2 6 oz. cans tuna, drained
- 1 small bag (8 to 10 oz) pasta of your choice, cooked
- 1 can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise, (this can be adjusted to suit your taste)
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup sweet pepper, diced
- Cook the pasta in a large pot on the stove, using boiling water that is lightly salted. Cook for eight minutes, or until the pasta is fully cooked. Drain and put in a large bowl.
- Dice the broccoli into small bite size pieces, and steam for five minutes.
- Drain the two cans of tuna and the can of mixed vegetables (any brand) and empty into the same bowl that is holding the pasta. Also add in the steamed broccoli pieces.
- Dice up some garlic and onion into fine pieces, and add into the mixture. For added flavour and colour, you can add in chopped celery (raw or cooked) and sweet peppers.
- Pour in the cup of mayonnaise, and mix everything together. The mayonnaise should be evenly spread throughout the salad.
- Cover with cling wrap and put in fridge a few hours before serving. This dish is best served chilled. Enjoy, and happy cooking!
You can always modify your tuna pasta salad to your liking, or what you have available. For extra flavour, you can add a small amount of ground black pepper, ranch salad dressing, lemon juice, diced olives, grated cheese or even a little mustard. The possibilities are endless!