Easy Potato Soup
Potato Soup - Warm Up Your Winter
When I was growing up all of the soup we ate came from a can. So I had never heard of Potato Soup before I started working at a restaurant as a teenager. Given that I had loved eating potatoes in every other way that they had ever been prepared, I was excited to learn how to make them in a new way. The cook at the restaurant shared his recipe which was:
- Mashed Potatoes
- Chicken Soup Base
- Grated Carrots
An Easier Way to Make Potato Soup
However I found preparing it this way took a long time if I didn't already have leftover mashed potatoes. I would have to add almost an hour to the time it would take to make it, because I would have to actually make the mashed potatoes.
So I found an easier way to make this delicious meal. In my local grocery stores they have premade mashed potatoes made by Yoder's. This is not dried out buds, they are actual mashed potatoes that come in a bag. All you have to do is put them into a microwave and heat them up. I find that I can just use those and whichever chicken soup broth that I want and mix the two together.
One of my favorite things about Potato Soup is that it is a hearty meal. Most soups are mostly liquid and therefore I find they do not hold back your hunger for very long. I discovered this when I had my wisdom teeth removed and I was limited to what I could eat for a few days. This soup was the only one that was able to keep my hunger at bay for more than a couple of hours.
- 1/2 bag Yoder's mashed Potatoes (= 1lb or 454g)
- 1 can of Campbells Chicken broth
- 1 Large Carrot
- Put 1/2 a bag of Yoder's Mashed Potatoes into a large pot
- Turn stove burner onto high
- Slowly pour in chicken soup broth (stir as you add, stop pouring when you get to your desired thickness)
- Continue cooking until it is hot
- Add a few dashes of Parsley
- Remove from the stove and pour into bowls
- If you wish you can add grated carrots for a little more flavor and color.
Does This Seem Easy Enough To Make?
Perfect for anyone who loves this humble vegetable as much as I do. Gives a wide variety of different ways to prepare them.
If you don't have premade Yoder's at your local grocery store, you can use these instead to quickly get yourself mashed potatoes for the soup.