jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Should It Matter If The Drinking Age Is Lowered From 21 To 18?

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Should It Matter If The Drinking Age Is Lowered From 21 To 18?

2. Mousey profile image52
    Mouseyposted 8 years ago

Around that age high school students are working hard to transition into the high-pressure freshman year at college. They have enough stress as it is. If legal drinking age were lowered it definitely will be abused on the account relaxing or taking a break from a tough year at college. Why do we want to introduce a practice where a good deal of judgment is necessary..

3. profile image50
    misslady142posted 8 years ago

I think so because at 18 you should be able to control yourself .these kids do what they want anyway now a days even with out the parents knowing about it any way at 18 you know rigth from wrong.i know i did at 18

4. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 8 years ago

Many times I have thought that it was unfair to allow a child to enter the military at 18, be able to vote at 18 and become an adult at 18 but not be allowed to drink until 21.  But I do no think dropping the drinking age to 18 is a good idea

5. topshelf profile image54
    topshelfposted 8 years ago

Yes I think they should. If 18 year olds are able to die for their country, than they should be able to drink also.

6. Jerami profile image70
    Jeramiposted 8 years ago

Where I grew up the drinking age was 21. We drove across the state line into Kansas where the drinking age was 18 for 3.2 beer. I would have to say that this slowed down my progress in life. I would have to say that stronger alcohol might have done more damage than was done.
       My father once told me that (with my children) I should establish perimeters   that are smaller than what  in reality  I would be satisfied if they stayed in.
       So in this regard, I would have to say no hard liquor until age of 21.

working