does any one know how to make banana pudding?

1. profile image49
    misslady142posted 8 years ago

does any one know how to make banana pudding?

I would like to know how to make banana pudding because i have a 9 year old son who loves it. every time i try to make it does not come out right and i always have people telling me how to make it so many ways.

2. profile image0
    sbeakrposted 8 years ago

Jello brand makes a wonderful 'instant' version, which can be pepped up with some real banana slices and Nilla wafers.

Mmmm.  Yummy.

3. Joyfull Mother profile image57
    Joyfull Motherposted 8 years ago

I don't know if you are still interested in making banana pudding from scratch, but this weekend I posted a hub on how I make it. It is hard to find a good recipe, but my kids loved this! Hope it helps, and if you want to see a photo, just search the title of my recipe.

Homemade & Gluten-free Banana Pudding

1/4 cup corn starch
    1 cup granulated sugar
    2 cups whole milk
    2 eggs beaten, 3 if you want more protein
    1 or 2 mashed bananas

In a large sauce-pan or double broiler, combine sugar and corn starch. Stir in one cup of the milk to dissolve the sugar and corn starch, then add the other cup of milk. Turn heat to low or low-medium and slowly bring mixture to a gentle boil, stirring constantly.

Boil gently about 1 minute, then slowly add the beaten egg while stirring. Stir another 2 minutes, or until thickened.

Remove from heat and add mashed bananas. Return to heat and stir until thickened to preference, about 1 more minute. Pour into a glass serving dish and allow to cool 10 minutes.

Pick out a stencil of your choice. This could be a paper doily, a quilt stencil, or a stencil made from cardboard. Lay stencil over the top of the pudding, but not allowing it to touch the surface. Carefully sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg, then remove the stencil.

Now you have pudding ready to serve! It may be served warm or chilled, or any of the variations I will list next.

Serves 4