jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

You have 13 people coming for dinner, what do you serve and how do you serve?

1. The Rope profile image56
    The Ropeposted 8 years ago

You have 13 people coming for dinner, what do you serve and how do you serve?

2. maryamwebster profile image54
    maryamwebsterposted 8 years ago

A great green salad chock full of chopped veggies plus Gluten-free spaghetti and vegetarian red sauce with parmesan cheese served on the side. Why g-free and veggie? So many people have allergies today, and are opting for healthier vegetarian options. Gluten bearing grains include wheat, rye, oats and barley. There are many corn, quinoa, amaranth and rice pastas available in health food stores and are a higher grade protein for the body as well as being ok for almost everyone to eat. Cheese is served on the side so those who want to avoid dairy can do so.

3. Wisdom_Lover27 profile image60
    Wisdom_Lover27posted 8 years ago

Pasta and lots of it! It is very filling. You can get meat on sale at the grocery store. Add some salad, and some loaves of french bread, and you have yourself a great and pretty inexpensive meal. Might also consider asking a few of them to bring something, i.e. an appetizer or dessert. Bon apetit.

4. earner profile image88
    earnerposted 8 years ago

A large pot of hot chilli, smaller pot of veg chilli.

Served with plain basmati rice, tortilla chips, potato wedges, homemade cheese bread, homemade garlic bread and a bowl of grated mature cheddar or sharp cheese.

Let everybody help themseves

Total cost would be under $15.

I have written hubs on how to make bread in under an hour to serve with chilli as it's my favourite homemade meal and so I had to find a way of producing chunks of bread to serve with it that would take less time to cook than the chilli was going to take.